Process Solutions & Integration, Inc. provided a complete turn-key batching and transfer system installation for a product that is used to clump powdered vitamins into granules. This processing area has several components of engineering and design objectives enabling our customer to achieve performance goals in raw materials handling, processing flow, and transfer systems to function according to specifications.
The installation is composed of four separate procedures to complete a single batch and transfer cycle:
- Addition of DI Water to Mixing Tank,
- Product Recirculation w/addition of Powdered Ingredients,
- Finished Product Transfer to Granulator, and
- System/Mixing Tank Drain.
Two Mixing Tanks and accompanying recirculation & transfer lines are installed so as one tank is being used to transfer finished product to the granulator, the other is being used in the process of producing a second batch. Pneumatically actuated ball valves with limit switches are used to control the flow of product and isolate the two mixing tanks from one another. Both agitator motors are mounted on the mixing tanks and recirculation and transfer pump motors are controlled with VFD’s. All procedures and equipment are controlled from a local control panel with a PLC touch screen. A new complete DI Water System and Recirculation Loop is also installed to provide the DI water needed for the two mixing tanks.
- Mixing Tanks – Stainless Steel, Jacketed side & bottom, ASME Coded, 90psi, 1200L Capacity
- Mixers – Stainless Steel Shaft & Impeller, VFD controlled
- Recirculation Centrifugal Feed Pump – Mounted, 1750 RPM, VFD controlled
- Emulsifier – 7.5HP
- Radar Level Transmitters
- DI Water System – Ionic bottle exchange
- Mass Flow Meters
- Water Batch controller
- Stainless Steel Piping
- T-Line Basket Strainer
- Pressure Indicator
- Stainless Steel Pneumatic Air-Actuated Ball, Butterfly, and Check Valves
- Mass Flow Meter
- Spray Nozzles
- Stainless Steel Tubing and Fittings
- P&ID & Flow Diagrams
- Piping & Equipment Layout Drawings
- Comil Drawing
- Recirculation Pump with Data Sheet & Pump Curve
- Powder Disperser
- Emulsifier Data Sheet
- Mixing Tank Radar Level Transmitter Data Sheet
- Installation of the System includes all controls and electrical and start-up of the system
Consult with an Engineer
Call or message us today to learn how partnering with EWS can make your project a reliable success.